Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Lent as Ritual: Carving the Story of God into the Grain of our Everyday Lives

A couple of weeks ago, I had the opportunity to preach at my church, Atladeana Baptist.  I've been actively involved there leading bible-studies and small-groups for over three years but this is the first chance I've had to preach.  It was a true joy to be able to share with a congregation that has meant so much to my family and I.

I usually draw while I listen to sermons so my wife, Melody, decided to draw me while I spoke.

I think she went a little heavy on the eyelashes.

You can stream the audio here or click the little black arrow to download the mp3.  I talk a bit about my friend Ryan and one of his tattoos.  You kind of need to see it.



Matt Lumpkin - Lent as Ritual - Altadena Baptist Church by mattlumpkin

1 comment:

  1. Donation Appeal to build a mosque at Bukit Darat. For those who want to make a charitable donation please distributed to the following account: - Account name: JKKK Bukit Darat. No. Account: 04015010025245. Name of Bank: Bank Islam Sdn. Bhd.. Branch Melaka, Malaysia.

    ReplyDelete

I'm requiring you to sign in with some kind of ID. Please sign in to comment so we can know to whom we are speaking.