Sunday, April 8, 2012

Good Friday: Sermons in Words and Pictures

This is the audio from a talk I gave on Good Friday Morning at AltadenaBaptist.org for a Community Prayer Breakfast with the Joint Meeting of area Kiwanis clubs. They were very receptive and gracious to hear a talk that even began to make me nervous.

This is a live drawing I did as part of the Good Friday Service at ABC. I draw on watercolor paper with a camera feeding a projector so those present can watch. I spoke a lot about the how in Jesus, God looks back at us, through any masks we try to put on others to turn them into monsters or scapegoats. When I was finished with this rendering of Jesus on the cross, staring back, I left it up for the rest of the service. But the longer I looked at it, the more uncomfortable I was and the harder it was to meet his stare.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm requiring you to sign in with some kind of ID. Please sign in to comment so we can know to whom we are speaking.