Friday, June 1, 2012

Derek Webb: Glendora, CA 5-31-12


Melody
and I saw Derek Webb at a home show last night. Right before the end he launched into a description of why he's moved away from acoustic music toward composing instrumental and electronic music that so matched my own journey that I couldn't help but be delighted.

 We spoke with him after the show and I thanked him for having the courage to take risks, experiment and grow in new directions because it makes space for the rest of us to do the same.

"It's risky because people aren't shy of telling me that they don't like this new stuff," he said. "Thankfully, I don't have that part of my personality anymore where I have to care that they think that."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm requiring you to sign in with some kind of ID. Please sign in to comment so we can know to whom we are speaking.